I connected with Amanda Ricks and her uplifting blog Surprising Lives earlier this year when she re-blogged one of my pieces. She posts about life – sometimes it’s a story, other times it’s just a wisdom card. I like how she carefully selects inspiring posts by other bloggers and re-posts them, calling them “Special Posts”. Her site is one I visit regularly.
Thank you Amanda for your nomination of my blog, Lady in Transition, for the One Lovely Blog Award. It certainly was a pleasant surprise.
Apparently the next step in the award process is for the recipient to convey 7 fun facts about themselves. Happy to do so!
- My favorite time of the day is dusk, when the world slows down and relaxes; the eastern sky becomes a soft blue with touches of pink and the sea becomes calm.
- I love roses and daisies make me smile.
- When my son was young, he’d hide one of his stuffed animals in my suitcase whenever I had to travel for business. I still love cute stuffed animals, doggies in particular.
- I lived in Winnipeg, Canada for one whole year and had one of the best winters I could imagine. We were out cross-country skiing every weekend.
- I continuously seek calm, balance, beauty and harmony in my life.
- My favorite ice cream (it is summer after all) is Coconut Bliss’ Dark Chocolate. I love it served with fresh B.C. strawberries or a homemade apple strudel. (I don’t bake the strudel; I get it from a tea house three stone throws away from us.)
- I have an ‘It’s Not Hip to Say You Like This Music’ list. Do you? Here’s a sneak preview into mine. Take it away ABBA from the Royal Swedish Opera House with ‘Dancing Queen’.
Finally, A Few (not even close to all) of the Blogs I Treasure:
I love chatting, connecting, and sharing so I’ve renamed the official ‘nomination’ section of the award process as “A Few (not even close to all) the Blogs I Treasure”. Some of these sites may be familiar to your, others maybe not. Either way, they each make me ponder or smile; they inspire me, teach me new things and challenge me to keep going. I will leave it up to you to choose whether you want to participate in the awards process. I’m viewing today as a wonderful opportunity to recognize a few of my fellow bloggers. Thank you for making my limited reading time a pleasure.
Carrot Ranch – Communications Thank you Charli! You have inspired me to write fiction – thank goodness it’s only 99 words! – but it’s something I never thought I’d do.
Have a happy day.